Thursday, August 23, 2012

Getting Started and Other Info.

Hello Class! Allow me to extend an official Welcome to Comm 41!!!

To get started in this course, please take the following steps:
1). Review the Desire2Learn website. You can look at my preview post below, to guide you on how to get started in D2L. Review all pages on D2L and get to know the class well.

2). Read over the "Getting Started" page straightaway, and everything else under the "Getting Started" section. This section will direct you on what things you need to do to get started in the course.

3). Create a blogspot webpage @ www.blogger.com. When you do this, please create a new post immediately by introducing yourself to me and your classmates. If you create a blogspot webpage but do not immediately post, blogspot may flag your page and you may be locked out. So create the blog and post ASAP.  (Directions about "How to Create a Blog" are under the "Getting Started" section of D2L).

4). When creating a blog, make sure to choose an alias that is different than your name.  After you post your introduction to your blog, you can look at the bottom of the post and you should see your Display Name or Alias Name you have chosen.  If it's something different that what you wanted it to be, feel free to change it.  Do a google search about how to change your Display Name on blogger.  

5). Email me at comm41perez at gmail dot com with your Name, Email Address that you check often, your Alias Name, and a contact phone number - preferably a cell#.

6). Download Yahoo Messenger and add me as a friend: carolperezcommclass I will be holding most, if not all of my office hours online. You can chat with me at any time during my office hours, or anytime you see me online. I do not use Yahoo Messenger for personal use, so anytime I am logged on (which might be quite often), feel free to message me with any questions you might have.

7). Technical Support for Students having trouble logging into D2L:
For students have problems using D2L (eg. unable to log in, need password re-set, etc.), please contact San Jose State University's Informational Technology Support Services (ITSS) at 408-924-2377, or email at helpdesk@sjsu.edu ITSS is located on the first floor of the Academic Success Center in Clark Hall, so students can speak with someone in-person if they so desire. This note was sent to me directly from SJSU.

8). How to find other students blogs?  Look at the top of my blog and click on the "student blogs" tab.  You should see a list of student blogs on that page.  Please note that I will update that page as students send me the links to their blogs.

From what I recall last semester, if you are having problems logging in to D2L, please call the help desk during normal hours, as sending them an email may take a day or two to respond.

I will update my blog again soon. Until then........

No comments:

Post a Comment